POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : tenth planet rendition called Morpheus [~52KB JPG] : Re: "new" planetoid Morpheus 1600x1200 res [~504KB JPG] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "new" planetoid Morpheus 1600x1200 res [~504KB JPG]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Aug 2005 03:42:42
Message: <42f07572@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omniverse@charter%net> schreef in bericht
news:42ee99e4@news.povray.org...

> I also found out that all this currently talked of 'tenth planet' stuff
was
> caused when someone got into a web site, about object 2003 UB313, and
leaked
> out the story and the news media picked up on it. Don't know about you but
> I'm not going to call it the tenth planet until it's official.
> ;)
> Bob

Well, yes. I must admit that the rougher surface is more interesting to look
at (as can be expected). Good work.
In the mean time, I read on News@Nature

http://www.nature.com/news/2005/050725/pf/050725-13_pf.html

About another planetoid with compagnon, dubbed Santa and little helper.

Another exciting story can be found here:
http://news.nature.com//news/2005/050711/050711-6.html

A solar system with three suns.
I am not sure if you can read these documents as they come with a (free)
subscription...

Thomas